10 TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.
It can definitely be said that humans are dreamers and, indeed, we have achieved quite a bit because of it. More than likely you’ve got a dream that you’d love to accomplish, whether it’s becoming a famous Hollywood actor, having a vacation home at the beach or retiring at 50. Dreams come in all shapes and sizes and there are few that can’t be accomplished with a little bit of time, planning and most importantly, persistence. If you’re pursuing a dream but you’re not sure what you can do to make that dream a reality, this blog is for you and will help you on your way. Enjoy.
1. Be as specific about your dream as you possibly can. If your dream is to have a home on the beach with a swimming pool in the back then focus specifically on that. Write about it in a journal, put pictures of similar homes and locations on your bulletin board and go to visit homes like it to see them in person. The more specific you are the better.
2. Your dream must be something you desire fiercely. If it’s not, the chance of achieving it will decrease greatly as there is an increased chance that you give up on it. If you truly believe in your heart that you will achieve something there are few things that can stop you.
3. Write your dreams down and convert them to goals. For example, if you want to be an actor one of your first goals could be to get a part in a local theater production’s play. Once you do that, reset your goals to the next higher level or step. Make achieving your dreams into a process and use goals to compel you forward.
4. Having a plan of action and knowing what you will do once your goals are achieved will help you to move on to the next goal or next step on the way to achieving what you really want. This will be different for everyone but it is a vital part so don’t skip it. Once your subconscious notices the pattern, you will begin to achieve your goals, automatically !.
5.Start taking action today. Once you have a plan of action and goals set there’s nothing that should be stopping you from getting started, except you, so get going !.
6. While you’re doing the things that you need to do to make your dreams come true make sure to take time regularly to stop and visualise exactly what it is that you want. Visualisation is a very powerful means to make your dreams a reality.
7. Review your plan of action and your goals regularly and adapt them as needed. As you get closer to your final destination you may find that your wants and needs change. Those that can adapt to these changes are usually the ones that accomplish the most.
8. Surround yourself with people who support your dreams and will help you to accomplish them. Frankly, it’s hard to accomplish your dreams if you have people in your life that are constantly telling you that you’re on a fool’s errand or that you won’t achieve your goals. As best as you can keep these people out of your inner circle (and out of earshot if possible) and instead surround yourself with people who are passionate about what you’re doing, believe in you and provide you positive support always.
9. Accept the fact that there may be bumps and stops along the way. If you can survive these without losing sight of what you really want you will be well ahead of most people who let these small interruptions derail their dreams.
10. Most importantly, ASK THE UNIVERSE EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT. Say it out loud and say it often. To be perfectly honest, this last tip is stolen from the book ‘The Secret’. It’s just so darn good that leaving it off a top 10 list of things you need to do to achieve your dreams really would be a shame. if your dream is to be a best-selling author then, every day, say out loud “I am going to be a best-selling author”. if it makes you feel silly then swallow your pride and just do it, simply because it works.
And there you have them, 10 excellent tips that you can start using today to make your dreams a reality. I wish you the best of luck in whatever it is that you’re dreaming about and I hope that this blog has helped you today or will help you someday in the future. Sweet dreams!